Do you think your ride handles pretty well? Then put it to the test on the autocross course! The autocross is a low-speed competition designed to highlight the handling, acceleration and braking of your ride. The wide sweepers, tight hairpins, chicanes, and slalom sections of the course will keep your adrenaline pumping from start to finish. You’re guaranteed to enjoy a lot of track time over the course of the three-day event. Please see below for classes, rules, and safety requirements!
Update 5/17/2021: Starting at Ford Fest 2021 the Kumho V720 ACR tire will no longer be allowed at any Ford Fest event. Please plan accordingly.
In order to drive competition down through the field, awards will also be given for various time classes to be determined. For example, if the course is a 40 second time for the top 10-15 competitors, we will create a 45-second class, 50-second class and 55-second class. Those cars closest in time to the designated class will be eligible for autocross awards only. MoParty Grand Champion points will only be awarded to the fastest overall times, not the time classes. Race directors have complete discretion to determine the time classes and how many.
- Only the registered participant may drive the vehicle.
- All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver. Passengers must be at least 18 years of age and will be required to sign the same liability waiver as the driver. No passengers allowed on the drag strip, or 3S Challenge.
- Only official wristbanded drivers may drive the vehicle.
- All competitors must have a current driver’s license.
- Each entrant will be issued a number, which must be clearly visible on the windshield, side windows, or rear window. White shoe polish is acceptable.
- Participants must use DOT-approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200 treadwear rating or higher. No modifications to tires will be acceptable, including shaving. Any vehicle with tires showing any evidence of modification will be immediately disqualified from the event.
- Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
- Helmet use is required during all non-highway segments of the competition. The helmet must be approved automotive style with a Snell foundation sticker of SA2015 or later. Motorcycle helmets will not be approved.
- Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
b. Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
c. Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
d. All lug nuts in place and tight.
e. Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
f. All loose items must be removed from the vehicle.
(Floor mats, things hanging from the rearview mirror, cassettes, CDs, and glove box, console, trunk items.)
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. The competitor with the most combined points is the winner. The fastest autocross time will break all ties.
- Race director and event management staff will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason. All decisions are final.
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. There is no maximum number of runs. Winners will be the vehicles with the lowest time.
- Any cone moved out of its box or knocked down will be assessed a two-second penalty during the autocross. Any cones that are touched after the finish timers will result in a DNF of that run.
- A runoff between the quickest five vehicles may be held, time permitting. The fastest combined time of three laps will determine the winner.
- The autocross may be run rain or shine at the event organizer’s discretion.
The Autocross event will count toward the Holley MoParty Grand Champion award for competitors who compete in Drag Race, Autocross, & 3S Challenge.
- $250 cash, OPTIMA Battery, jacket
- Optima Battery Charger
- Optima Battery Maintainer
Click here for Grand Champion Rules!
* Event organizers reserve the right to change rules and class descriptions up to event time to promote fair and safe competition.