3S Challenge: The 3S Challenge puts your ability to Speed, Stop, and Steer your Blue Oval to the test! Drivers had better be proficient at all three if they hope to be competitive in this event segment. The format pits both drivers side-by-side in a low-speed drag race, a 180-degree turnaround at the end, a slalom on the return, and a stop box to complete the run. The course layout will be dependent on available space. Each “run” will be a total of left side course time added to the right side course time. The winner is determined by the fastest combined left side and right side run. All runs must be clean – any contact with course markers, cones, or stop box cones will result in a DNF.
3S Challenge Rules:
Update 5/17/2021: Starting at Ford Fest 2021 the Kumho V720 ACR tire will no longer be allowed at any Ford Fest event. Please plan accordingly.
The 3S Challenge is a side-by-side speed, steering, and stop competition. Each driver will run the left side, then the right side for a complete “run”. The fastest left-side time and fastest right-side time will be combined for an overall fast time. The lowest combined left side/right side time will determine the winner. Drivers must run both the left and right sides each time as directed by the starter and grid chief.
- Only the registered participant may drive the vehicle.
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. There is no maximum number of runs. Winners will be the vehicles with the lowest combined left-side/right-side time.
- Any cone moved out of its box or knocked down, on the course or stop box, will be assessed a DNF, all 3S runs must be clean.
- Race director and event organizers will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason.
- The 3S Challenge may be run rain or shine at the event organizer’s discretion.
- The 3S Challenge event will count toward the Holley Grand Champion award.
The 3S Challenge event will count toward the Holley Ford Fest Grand Champion award for competitors who compete in Drag Race, Autocross, & 3S Challenge.
Click here for Grand Champion Rules!
* Event organizers reserve the right to change rules and class descriptions up to event time to promote fair and safe competition.
3S Challenge Payouts:
|1st:||$250 cash, Ford Fest embroidered Jacket, free Optima battery of their choice|
|2nd:||Optima Batteries Charger|
|3rd:||Optima Batteries maintenance charger|